The 2019 British New Year honours that are awarded for exceptional achievement or service in public life have been announced. Nationals of the United Kingdom or citizens from the 15 Commonwealth realms can be nominated for the honour. These are awarded in the name of the reigning monarch, currently, Queen Elizabeth and have been awarded since 1890.
In Total, 1,148 People have been Recognized this Year. Some Notable Award Winners Were
- Model, actress, and singer Twiggy was awarded damehood for services to fashion, the arts and charity
- Actor, writer, and documentary maker Micheal Palin was awarded knighthood for services to travel, culture, and geography.
- England football manager Gareth Southgate was awarded OBE for services to football.
- Former England cricket captain Alistair Cook was awarded a knighthood for services to cricket.
- Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason was awarded CBE for services to music.
- England footballer Harry Kane was awarded MBE for services to football.
- Richard Stanton and John Volanthen, the first divers to reach the stranded boys’ football team in a cave in Thailand were awarded the George Medal, the second highest gallantry award.
- Conservationist Chris Packham was awarded the CBE for services to Nature Conservation.
You can check the entire list of awardees here.0