29th April is observed as International Dance Day each year. This day seeks to celebrate this beautiful art form and bring together people from across the world through the common medium of dance.
Why is it observed on 29th April?
The International Dance Day is celebrated on 29th April to commemorate the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
This day was first created in 1982.
On International Dance Day, here are a few fantastic quotes on dance.
- “I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Let us read and let us dance – two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.” ― Voltaire
- “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.” ― Wayne Dyer
- “Dance is one of the most revealing art forms.” ― Mikhail Baryshnikov
- “Dancers are a work of art – they are the canvas on which their work is painted.” ― Patrick Duffy
- “The Dancer believes that his art has something to say which cannot be expressed in words or in any other way than by dancing.” ― Doris Humphrey
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” ― Rumi
- “We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Dance is the hidden language of the soul” ― Martha Graham
- “Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.” ― Albert Einstein
On this International Dance Day, pick up your dancing shoes, and dance like no one is watching!1
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.