The British Royal Family has been in the news recently for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle deciding to step back from their roles as senior members of the royal family.
Keeping that aside, the British Royal family is one of the most intriguing families. There is a tremendous amount of media glare and excitement regarding anything that this family does.
Here are a few interesting facts about the Royal Family.
- The Royal family is not allowed to sign autographs.
- The Queen celebrates two birthdays – one is the day she was born – 21st April. The other is her official birthday, which she celebrates on the second Saturday of June.
- The Queen does not need a passport to travel. This is because a British passport is issued in her name, so she doesn’t need one when travelling.
- Royals are not permitted to sign autographs.
- There are half a dozen ravens living in the Tower of London – King Charles II believed that the ravens would preserve the monarchy and protect the tower.
- Have you seen the Queen wear bold and bright colours always? This is because it would be easy for her followers to spot her in a crowd.
- Earlier, male royals would not be present during the birth of their children. However, this tradition was broken by Prince Charles, who was present in for the delivery of his first son, Prince William.
- The royals are expected to remain neutral with respect to political views.
- Royals don’t typically have a last name.
Are there any other facts that we have missed? Do let us know!0