As bizarre as it seems, a group of six Australian doctors swallowed a Lego head each to figure out whether it stays in the digestive system or is defecated by the body. As per a report of Dailymail, the researchers from the University of Melbourne were keen to figure out the time duration that took to expel the Lego head from the body. The experiment, which was published in a scientific journal, was labelled as a symbol of ‘dedication to paediatrics’ by the team.
The results of the research showed that if a child ingests a Lego head, it would take two to three days to be excreted by the digestive system. Unfortunately, a toy piece that was swallowed by a researcher, was never found again.